:: FI|芬兰华人及中国留学生之家论坛出国版

长期警示 警惕专骗海外华人的国内网络骗子:所谓外国交友招聘招租但不以外国电话联络的新ID必为骗子 (骗子其实根本不在外国);鼓动点击某处看图看详情的新ID必为骗子(假入口骗密码)。

芬兰留学攻略-part1申请学校
0 0 [楼主]

在经历的几个月的忙碌之后,终于收到了TKK的offer,现在也在着手准备签证了。为了减少后人的疑惑,提供参考,准备对整个申请过程做一个总结。攻略的part1是申请学校的大概过程,以后会补充part2关于申请护照的攻略。希望对学弟学妹们有所帮助。

ApplyingTKK:

本人是10年毕业,毕业后再一家外企工作,2011年我决定申请留学。真正开始准备材料是2010.10月份吧。除了雅思,雅思是在学校还没毕业的时候就考了,边做论文边复习,因为那时候自由支配的时间比较多,大概是在2010.2-5月三个月的时间,每天2个小时雅思,做了剑1-6,就这样拿到了7.5.这样工作后就不用担心靠雅思的问题了。主要心思放在了准备材料上。因为本人只想申请一所学校,就是TKK,所以从一开始就很有目标,没有太纠结学校。只是在专业方向的选择上纠结了很久,因为如果大方向没有定下来,会影响后motivation letter的准备。所以建议大家先决定好自己想学的专业,再去准备材料。

所需的材料可以在TKK的网站上找到,每个学校要求不一样,但大同小异。大家先确认好再准备。

Thefollowing documents must be enclosed with the application form:

1. An attested copy of official bachelor's degree     certificate (the studies must be completed by 31 July 2011), or a     certificate for equivalent studiesAuthorised     translation of the degree (if applicable) (这个对于已经毕业的我来说就是拿着学位证书去南京公正认证,我们学校学位证书只有中文的,但是学校网站上有英文模板,有需要的话自己填写并到教务处盖章,然后去公证认证。在校生这个暂时不许提供,等拿到offer后再补发给学校。)
  2. Official transcript of records listing your     completed university studies, or an attested copy of it (成绩单也是自己翻译好,拿去公证认证)Authorised translation of the     transcript (if applicable)
  3. Curriculum vitae (CV)
  4. Copy of passport or ID-card
  5. Language test scores (to be     submitted no later than 28 February). For detailed information about the     language requirements, please see our web page section 'Language     Requirements' (可以是雅思或者是托福成绩,我考的雅思,而且直接发的copy,不是原件,TKK不需要发原件)
  6. For those applying for the     Department of Architecture, a portfolio of their work. (与我无关)
  7. 网上的申请表(其中有要求Motivation     letter,要提前准备,不超过4000个字节。)
  8. 我也准备了两份推荐信,尽管学校没有要求,但是有一两个reference总是好的。

Inaddition to the compulsory application materials, some programmes may require AdditionalDocumentsto be able to better evaluate your application. While these documentsare not compulsory, they are strongly recommended, because they provide furtherinformation about your background and thus add value to your application.Additional documents do not need to be officially attested, regular copiessuffice, unless mentioned otherwise. Please contact the programme in questionfor further information on additional documents.(这些additional文件可没有,但是极力推荐,因为会有助于申请,我申的专业要求的另外两项文件是高中毕业证和工作经历,因为我已经本科毕业了所以我就用本科毕业证去公证认证,工作证明就找现在的经理开了个。)

Pleasenote! (注意事项)

• The requested documents or their     translations must be provided in Finnish, Swedish or English.
  • All documents must be certified     copies and all translations must be authorised and accompanied by a copy     of the original.
  • The copy of your passport does not     need to be officially certified.
  • If you apply for two (2) options     you must enclose a complete set of documents and the needed copies for     both options; copies will not be taken by the school staff. The language     test result does not need to be sent twice.
  • Incomplete applications will not     be considered.
  • The use of false application     documents will lead to a rejection of the application.
  • The on-line application system is     available only during the application round. After the deadline is closed,     the applicants can only print out the submitted application, not modify     the applications.
  • The complete paper application     must be received by the school no later than 28 February 2011.
  • The application documents will not     be returned to the applicants.

本人在准备材料的时候秉承认真负责的原则。如果可以的话,所有要求的材料尽量都办好,而且都公证认证,尽管后来有人说没必要公证认证,但是因为我只申了一所学校,我不想因为外界因素而失去机会。所以这些硬件能办好的话就尽量办好,多花一点钱不吃亏。毕竟后面办签证还是要公证认证,那时候你只要要一份副本就好了。

一月底所有材料都寄出去,然后就是快乐的回家过了个年,回来发现TKK的admin发邮件说我材料不全,搞的我莫名其妙,打了个电话,发了封邮件,发现是他们搞错了,然后就是安静的等待结果。2011.4.28网上准时公布了结果,selected。欣喜。。。

下面把本人的Motivationletter(要说明的是motivation letter要先写好,因为在填网上申请表的时候有这一栏,要是那时候才写的话就有点晚了)贴出来仅供参考:

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name isXX. I am a XX -year- old trainee at XX company. In addition to all my documents provided, I would like to takethis great opportunity to clarify the main reasons that drive me to study xx in Helsinki University of Technology.

My interest in xx dates back to 2008 when I was volunteer for 2008 InternationalConference on Pulp & Paper Makingand Biotechnology. This conference showcased the latest development and research achievement in biotechnology. I was very fascinated by the idea of converting biomass to produce fuels,power, and chemicals. One year later I was lucky to meet Dr. XX from North Carolina State University whoprepared a very impressive lecture on ‘biorefineryand environment’ for us. Since then myintention to dedicate myself into biorefinery getting stronger and stronger. Nowadaysthe whole world is putting lots of efforts to reduce ourdependence on oil and address the climate crisis by developing a new generationof biofuels. However it requires more work to bridge the gap between promisingresearch and large-scale production of advanced biofuels. I hope I can gaininsight to the process and products, and contribute myself to this area. I amkeenly interested in acquiring more theoretical knowledge as well as practicalskills in this area.

Presently as a trainee at XXcompany, I have possibility to workfor three different departments during one year period. The most importantthings I acquired from my job are efficiency and cooperation. Take my firstproject Oumu tissue machine as an example, because of its urgency I have tofinish the specification for Oumu in half of the time we usually need. However conductedwith hard working and cooperation, our work finally got highly commented. Mycurrent job is also one of the important reasons that drives me to further studyabroad. My job needs to have a lot of contact with foreigners. I found I loveto speak English and to get in touch with new people from different countries.

I started to study XX Technology in XX University in 2006.The undergraduate curriculum at XX aroused my great interest by introducing meto a wide gamut of subjects, both inside and outside of the field. Due tooutstanding performance in both studies and social activities, I was chosenwith the other companion among 300 students to exchange in Tampere Universityof Applied Science for one year, which is also the reason why I decided to comeback to study in Finland. This experience of intercultural exchange leaves alot of benefits on my personal development. I find out a lot not only about newinteresting people, but also about myself. I appreciate the modesty, opennessand egalitarianism of Finland.What is more important, Finlandis known as one of the most advanced countries in biotechnology due to itsnatural advantage.

I choose Helsinki University of Technology because it is oneof the best and oldest universities in Finland. I admire your high-qualityteaching and research of an internationally formidable standard. Accordingto my opinion the program’s organization as well as the available subjects aregreat.

I believe my personality,background, academic performance and personal experience make me the rightperson for you. I will highly appreciate to be part of your university.

Thank you for consideringmy application.

Sincerely Yours,

XX

在准备文书的时候也纠结好久。但是最后完成的时候,发现很重要的一点就是写出真实的你。刚开始也是太傻,kina不停的乱逛看sample,但是别人的终究是别人的,看了一个多月还是下不了手。写了一遍又一遍,最后才定稿。因为我觉得这样的motivaton letter展示出来我真实的想法。

另外就是多找几个人给你修改,我把我的ML发给了很多朋友修改,最后把每个人的建议统一起来。

暂时想到的就是这么多。

等签证办好后,会贴上Part2.

[发布:北京时间 2011/5/30 10:01:12]

0 0 [2楼]

好贴就要顶

窃以为ml就不要贴了,一是你的隐私,二是会害了一批懒惰分子,哈哈

[发布:北京时间 2011/5/30 11:52:30]

名号:Dmitri 男
级别:中士

0 0 [3楼]

\(^o^)/~很好的帖子呢~支持

[发布:北京时间 2011/5/30 12:16:02]

名号:lannixuan 女
级别:新到

0 0 [4楼]

2楼说的对,

motivation letter楼主就不要贴出来了。涉及个人隐私的东西一定不要外泄。

楼主的喜悦可以理解,但这种个人信息还是自己保存的为好

[发布:北京时间 2011/5/30 18:23:18]

名号:zhaokai_frank 男
级别:亭壮

0 0 [5楼]

支持 我也认为motivation letter 最好不要放出来 不过 大家尽量体会精神为主 不可复制粘贴 这样就落入下乘了。
至于申请过程中的公证,无数事实证明 确实不需要。如果申请多个学校 这个钱可以省 但是还是以个别学校要求为准
另外 雅思7.5  不容易

[发布:北京时间 2011/5/30 18:23:41]

名号:宇中鱼 男
级别:中士

0 0 [6楼]

谢谢楼主 这么有价值的 经验介绍。。 祝你芬兰留学成功。。 hope your successful experience will bring me some luck with my application next fall in 2012..

[发布:北京时间 2011/5/30 19:28:16]

名号:宇男共武 男
级别:亭壮

0 0 [7楼]

非常感谢LZ的精心帖子,首先祝你留学顺利!

我先顶再看!

[发布:北京时间 2011/5/30 22:29:06]

名号:pdh317 男
级别:立少

0 0 [8楼]

感谢楼主的帖子,祝留学顺利!

[发布:北京时间 2011/9/4 22:35:17]

名号:wr456 男
级别:县壮

0 0 [9楼]

楼主,你的学位证书公正以后就寄给学校了吗,为什么我在赫大的官网上面看到要求说学位证书必须由CDGDC(教育部学位与研究生教育发展中心)才会被接受???这个是新的规定吗??是不是真的要通过CDGDC来寄呢?

[发布:北京时间 2011/9/6 0:39:29]

名号:hahooy 男
级别:巷少

0 0 [10楼]

住楼楼一切顺利!!

[发布:北京时间 2011/9/6 13:02:57]

名号:缠绵妞 女
级别:新到

0 0 [11楼]

顶一下,我在考虑是自己申请还是找中介申请呢?求大侠指教。

[发布:北京时间 2011/9/7 1:37:10]

名号:lvyinc064 女